Laminate Floors or flooring made of Laminated Wood, are regarded as cost-efficient alternatives to regular wooden flooring. These are cheaper than regular wood, but these are also more long-lasting and wear-and-tear resistant. As these are composed of compressed wood, it is significantly easier to clean them up.
Cleaning these floors requires a special technique, given that these floor surfaces can get warped when wet-mopped. Laminate Floors are resistant and durable, but are not sealed with the help of a protective coating. Thus, liquids can seep into the pane gaps and lift them up with time. A steam cleaner or steam-mop is the ideal way of sanitizing laminate flooring. Around 99.9% germs are destroyed by steam, which helps remove grime easily. After the surface is steam-mopped, it can get dry again in less than a minute.
How to Choose the Best Steam Mops for Laminate Floors?
Conduct proper research on the equipment that you plan to buy. You need to look for these things in order to choose the best steam-mopping tools for your laminate flooring.
- Multi-tasking ability –Look for a mop that is versatile, is a multi-tasking tool, and can remove the necessity to use a separate piece of equipment for floor sweeping prior to steaming.
- Customization – Consider a floor steamer that allows you to customize the amount of steam that you will need for floor-mopping. Note that these will possibly come with recommendations about how best to clean up that particular surface.
Long cord – Try to find a steam mop with a lengthy cord, as it will ensure a larger space can be cleaned at one go.
- Fold-ability – Go for a steam mop that can fold flat, and reach beneath low-height clearances. It should come with additional or refillable cleaning pads or cloths.
- Landing tray or pad – Find a mop with a tray or landing pad. Generally, these things are included in the mop and let the equipment cool down or heat up, and also assist you in catching any water which might drip out.
- Upright – Choose a steam mop which can stand erect by itself, so that there you will not trip on it accidentally while it is cooling down or heating up.
It can be tricky to operate a floor steamer. You have to avoid using too much water, so that the floor is not damaged. You have to take care that your laminated flooring is not damaged, and thus – you have to shop for the best steam mop for laminate floor with care.
Top 10 Best Steam Mop for Laminate Floors
Here is a guide on the best steam mop equipments for laminate floors.
Bissell Spinwave Cordless Hard Mop (best rated steam mop for laminate floors)
This is the best cordless steam mop for laminate floor. Bissell spinwave power laminate floor mop can scrub the surface, and eliminate a lot of hard work for you. It has been designed to clean well, and can clean up sealed and hard surfaces quite well without scratching those areas. There are soft touch pads that can soft-clean the floors, and scrubby pads can remove tough and sticky messes.
It is offered with a replacement mop pad kit to be used for replacement of mops that have worn out. There are two sets of pads in the kit, and four pads in all. The equipment is low-cost and economical to buy.
- The tool comprises of a clean pad scrubbing and soft pair to ensure soft cleaning. Strict messes can easily be handled.
- The pads can directly be stored on the pad-storage tray equipments.
- Other than this, based on the solution that is used, a clean solution spray can be used to heighten the efficacy.
- The cleaner is made of very high quality material, and can last for many years.
- The spin waves are battery-powered, which means there are no problems of dealing with lengthy cords. If your house is growing in size, however, you might feel a battery with 20-minute backup too short for mopping laminated floors.
- Keep in mind that only a small amount of pressure is exerted by the pad on the flooring. This might affect the speed wave.
You can use it on any type of surface with a small amount of adjustment, and it is perfect for use on laminated floors. It can also clean up carpet, tile etc, stainless steel, grout, sealed tile, sealed stone and glass. It has a removable part that can be used as a handheld steamer, and used to steam-clean appliances, sliding glass doors, windows and garments. The detachable handheld unit is a joy to have, and can ensure more convenience while cleaning. More cleaning is possible in a single session.
The superheated steam from this equipment can destroy most germs. In case of breakage of any component, a no questions asked replacement guarantee can help users rest assured. A limited warranty of 2 years can be more confidence inspiring.
- It has a tank with 11.5 ounce capacity, which can offer steam for 20 minutes
- Floors feel super clean and silky smooth after this cleaner is used.
- The hot steam destroys bacteria and most other types of germs easily, and without the use of any chemical.
- It is affordable to buy.
Adjustment of the mop to clean varied surfaces might need some time and getting used to the equipment.
It can clean up laminated floors, and also work as a steam mop, carpet cleaner, steam-cleaner and garment steamer. Its base consists of a water tank that offers better steam penetration and temperature.
It has a smart sensor that discharges more steam automatically when pushed quicker. The handle can rotate 360 degrees and ensure versatility. The mop corners are pointed and can allow easier access to all tough to reach corners. More steam can reach floor surfaces due to its use of thin microfiber pads.
At just 4 pounds, this is a very lightweight floor steamer. It can smoothly glide across laminate flooring. Its 19.6 foot cord along with its pivot head ensures a very wide range, and can let you maneuver the equipment between your furniture as well as around those. It produces a high amount of steam, which can lift a lot of grime and dirt from laminated flooring surfaces.
- It has a sturdy and solid build.
- The unit is very reliable in usage.
- When left in an upright fashion, it can shut off automatically.
- You can get 20 – 25 minutes of steaming time from the water tank.
- It is very light in weight, less than 4 pounds, and can be maneuvered easily.
- The cord is not long enough to allow reach to long hallways or large sized rooms.
This is a multifunctional steam cleaning equipment consisting of a 6-in-1 accessories kit. It easily can handle laminated floors, as well as stovetops, ovens and curtains. There is a carpet adaptor to freshen up carpets of any type.
It has a lightweight shoulder strap which lets you clean surfaces without putting your back under strain. There is a snap-on carpet glider which can remove tough stains from carpets through deep cleaning technique. Its 180-degree swivel triangle head can enter hard-to-access and sticky areas.
The 15.2oz water tank is among the most important steam mop components of this unit, and can contain more water for avoiding refilling of the mop again and again at the time of cleaning. There are various steam control settings in the mop, optimized for the kind of floor surface that is being tidied up.
- Its 180-degree swivel head lets you maneuver every corner quite easily.
- It is highly powerful and versatile, and has many features.
- Its Smart digital setting has controls that can be changed to MAX from LOW, in order to customize the entire cleaning experience.
- It can be assembled and stored easily.
- It has multifunctional 6-in-1 design for all areas, such as toilets, kitchens and living rooms.
- The tank, although sizable in capacity, is not detachable. Thus, it is wearisome to refill.
Bissell Spinwave powered hardwood floor mop and cleaner, 2039A (Best Selling Steam Mop)
You can use it for daily cleaning, as well as emergency spillage cleaning. There are two forms of cleaning pads that are reusable and machine-washable. However, you have to know when the steam mop filter of this unit needs to be changed, so that your floors can continue to be cleaned well.
This a powerful cleaning tool that can scrub surfaces and power through different types of floors with no damage. It is appropriate for hardwood surfaces as well as linoleum, vinyl and other delicate flooring surfaces. It can save your back from strain, and help clean up with less effort.
There is on-demand spray and 2 spinning cleaning pads here. It is 9.5 pounds in overall weight, and is 8” X 16” X 45” in dimensions. There is an electric cord that is 20 feet long and can cover 14-inch area for cleaning. Its tank has 28-ounce capacity and needs 0.9 amp power for operations.
- It can conveniently be handled.
- There are powered mop scrubs for floor-cleaning, which removes the need for manual labor.
- It is safe to be used on hard and sealed floors.
- Even those with back pain can use it with comfort.
- It dispenses the appropriate quantity of steam from the on-demand sprayer.
- The rotating pads make cleaning a lot easier.
- It cleans up sticky surfaces quite well.
- The cleaner slightly vibrates in case the pads are improperly aligned.
- The cord cannot be rewound automatically, and it makes use of cord wraps instead.
There are 3 levels of steam control here that let you clean up laminated, as well as marble, carpet and bamboo surfaces. It consists of triangle and rectangle mop heads that allow easy reach to all corners. These are double-sided mop heads that can also be washed and reused. For convenience, there is a power cord that is 22-foot in length.
The mop can steam-clean and mop laminated floor surfaces, and its Intelligent Steam Control can perform many functions. You only need to adjust its steam mode to match the kind of floor surface that you need to mop, to ensure that the job is easily taken care of. Whether it comes to loosening grime and dirt or removing tough stains, this cleaner can help you with all and leave you a gleaming floor. It is ready for use in half a minute.
- It boasts of 180 Degree maneuverability, digital controls, Swivel Mop Head and Electronic Steam with Auto Shut-off feature.
- It has fairly decent water tank capacity of 500 ml.
- The steam head can be removed easily to let you change the mop ‘heads’ easily.
- Its 3 settings can be wonderful when you require an amazing deep cleaning experience.
- The mop head can swivel easily and let you clean up unusual spots without the need to lift the mop for adjustment of the angle.
- At 4.85 pounds, this unit might be slightly heavy to use and carry around for some people – especially the petite ones.
It is convenient in usage, which means that there is no need for you to stoop while cleaning floors up. You can clean up hard surfaces with no need for detergents or toxic chemicals. Only steam of high temperature is used for cleaning, and it can attain 110°C temperature in just a few minutes. It can clean up wood laminated floors, vinyl floors and ceramic floor tiles.
The unit is easy to use. Just fill it up with water and attach a microfiber pad that is reusable and let the steam cleaning technology tidy up almost any type of floor surface. The presence of reusable microfiber pads which can be washed again and again and reused means less need to toss out old pads and thus, lower expenses as a consequence.
- It is eco-friendly in operations, as it uses steam cleaning and reusable microfiber pads.
- It is easy to use.
- The steam mop equipment has a reasonable price tag, which makes it perfect for users.
- The mop height is appropriate and puts no strain on the back.
- It makes difficult areas easy to reach, thus removing the need for you to get down on all fours to clean up surfaces.
This is an easy solution for steam-cleaning laminated floors, and comes with a water tank that can easily be removed. It removes the need for refilling of cups for tracking water around the home. It can fit easily into tight spaces, which means that you do not have to waste time or strain your body to clean these spots.
The mop comes with a trigger that is easily usable, and can regulate the quantity of steam that can treat hard floors, upholstery and carpet. It works with standard tap water, and can remove the hassle of using floor cleaners or to buy distilled water. You can use simple tap water to give a robust, deep steam cleaning to your laminated floors. The cleaner can sanitize laminated floors with ease, and ensure a mess-free and convenient experience. Other than laminated floors, it can clean up all types of hard floor such as vinyl surfaces.
As the floor steamer is light in weight, you can easily carry it around. Even when you use it for a long time, you are unlikely to experience any strain on your body. The water tank is detachable.
- It is light in weight, and easy to carry around.
- Its water tank can be removed with ease.
- There are 2 microfiber pads.
- It uses only tap water to steam-clean and sanitize the area.
- It has a triangular shaped steam head that can be maneuvered easily into tight spaces.
- Getting used to the steam mop can take some time for a few users.
This affordable steam pocket mop has many useful features that you would need in a mop cleaner. It can heat up in just half a minute and the cleaned up floors can get dry in about 2 minutes. It can eliminate dried-on soils very fast.
Using this steam mop requires some amount of effort. You need to pump its handle for releasing steam, which can go on being released in a push forward movement. The steam temperature increases more and more as you push more quickly.
The microfiber mop of pocket style is possibly the best thing about this cleaning equipment. It can slip over the head of the mop. You can use both sides. You only need to flip the mop head easily, and this is possible also with mid-cleaning. One of the dual-sided microfiber pad can be used for cleaning and then flipped over for sanitizing with the clean side. There is a large mop head of rectangular shape, but a separate triangular mop head can be ordered, if preferred.
- The steam mop is affordable to buy.
- It can clean up high traffic zones, and there is no need for you to haul a mop bucket all about and wait for long to have the floor get dried.
- You can begin to sanitize the floor after using it for only 3 minutes, although you have to pass the mop over the space with back and forth movement for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- As the mop is light in weight at just 4 ½ pounds, it does not strain the arms.
- The mop has to be laid on the side for refilling or filling the tank. There is no calibration of the filling flask in mm. Thus, you cannot determine how much water is being poured into the tank, or whether you have filled it optimally.
Steam Mop floor steamer for cleaning 5-in-1 Automatic steam control steamer mops S7339 (Best Multipurpose Steam Mop)
This floor steamer has a handle that can be bent, and can ensure that the mop can reach the floor beneath the cabinet as well as other furniture easily. The mop head has a closed design that lets a more concentrated steam be passed. The mop has a unique design that makes use of pure water with no additive which can corrode floors or harm pets and kids.
The multifunction steamer mop is suitable for every type of floor – stone floor, vinyl floor, carpeted floor, hardwood floor, grout floor and tile floor. If you buy carpet glider, you can also easily remove odor from carpets. Thus, the equipment goes beyond a conventional steam mop.
The equipment has auto steam control motion sensor within it. It can steam and vacuum laminate floor at once, and there is Vacuum Assist offered along with Steam Mop. The equipment is very light in weight and can be carried around with ease.
- It is cordless, which means you can pick it up quickly.
- Vacuum Assist is also present with this mop.
- It is possible to remove stain more easily.
- It has smart sensor, steam cleaner and garment steamer inside.
- It is too light to get pushing action while mopping.
These 10 steam mops are some of the most versatile cleaners that can be found for tidying up laminated floors. Most of these are extremely versatile units, and can remove tough stains very easily from laminated floor surfaces. The best ones are those that are versatile to clean up other spots of your house as well, and not just laminated floors. That said, your choice should be determined by your purpose, budget and specific requirements.
Have you seen the best robotic pool cleaner for vinyl pool.