A food processor is one of the most practical tools we can have in our kitchen and if we are talking about a house cook, then using the best manual food processor would be even better, as it won’t take too much space or need great amounts of food to work properly.
Nevertheless, as companies know this demand for mini processors, they offer what they can and sometimes quality is compromised. That’s why we’ve studied the market and chose the top 10 best manual food processor, from cheapest to the top 1.
Also see the Best electric tankless water heater
List Of Top 10 Best Manual Food Processors Of 2019
|Starfrit Manual Food Processor|
|Salsa Master Manual Food Processor|
|Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper|
|Kitchen King Pro Complete Food Preparation Station|
|Kuhn Rikon Swiss pull Chop|
|Ultra Chef Express Food Chopper|
|ZYLISS Easy Pull Food Chopper|
|Ninja Express Chop Food Chopper|
|Chef n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper|
#10. Starfrit Manual Food Processor
Even though this is a really cheap and simple manual food processor, it really works great when it comes to making soup, salsa and even stews. As it is made out of plastic with a mixing whisk, it’s not recommendable to put big pieces or too hard vegetables, but when it comes to cooked veggies, herbs, even chopped meat, etc, it will really work.
The blades, made out of stainless steel are sharp but delicate, so we must be really careful when handling them. If we use hard carrots or other hard tubers, they might get stuck so be careful with that.
The main characteristics of this food processor are:
- Japanese stainless steel cutting blades.
- Rotating whisk of about 4 revolutions per turn.
- Dishwater safe.
- Rubber base for avoiding slip.
- Includes a removable funnel that allows you to insert liquid while processing.
- No need for batteries or electric connection as it works manually.
- Dimensions: 6.5×6.5×7
- Weight: 1.5 pounds.
- It could be stuck if you use too hard vegetables as raw carrots.
#9. Salsa Master Manual Food Processor
The largest capacity food processor available: 5 cups. This makes this handheld food processor actually really comfortable and safe while it saves time by processing more food at a time. To favor this quality, it also includes a really big crank that facilitates the chopping procedure by making it faster. Nevertheless, this manual food processor is still compact enough to be easily stored in any home kitchen. As its name implies, it is ideal for making salsa, puree, guacamole and the likes but may not be ideal for cutting too hard vegetables.
The main characteristics of the Salsa Master are:
- Surgical stainless steel straight blades.
- An anti-skid base for maximum security.
- Includes an eggs white separator.
- Spout for pouring without making a mess.
- Includes recipe book.
- All the pieces come apart easily for cleaning.
- No need for batteries or electric connection.
- Made out of BPA free food plastic.
- Limited lifetime warranty!
- Excellent values/price relation.
- Both blades are double sided so it’s perfectly adequate for cutting both ways (ideal for ambidextrous or lefty people)
- Really big cup (5 cups).
- Can’t chop too hard veggies.
#8. Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper
This manual food processor counts with a unique cord system that makes it easier and faster to chop, slice, mince or blend almost any kind of fruit, cooked vegetables, herbs and even nuts; just pull the lid as many times you need to get the results you want. It’s really compact so you can use it in a small kitchen or RV and still has a great capacity for food. The two blades rotate with each lid pulling and, as it is really easy to handle, the revolutions go up really quick without the need for any electrical power.
The main characteristics of Briefton handheld food processor are:
- Dishwater safe
- 3 cup capacity, ideal for salsa but not so much for the salad.
- Big handle lid with a strong cord that resists constant use and.
- Stainless steel blades.
- No need for batteries or electricity.
- Very silent.
- You need to put big veggies in pieces; it may have problems with cutting them whole.
- Anti-squid base strong enough to remain still while pulling the cord.
#7. Kitchen King Pro Complete Food Preparation Station
A little bit more sophisticated model, the Kitchen King Pro is ideal for julienne, dicing, chopping and cutting almost anything thanks to its “three blades” system. Even though you must be careful with overfilling it, this food processor works really fast as one turn of the lid translates into 4 blade spins. Probably one of the best features of this manual food processor is that it includes three suction cups on the base so the king pro won’t slip even if you’re turning the lid really fast; it will simply be locked into place thanks to the cups. Finally, the lid, which is really comfortable to use, can also be locked so it’s easier to slice thick, medium and thin juliennes.
The main features of the King Pro are:
- Stainless steel tri-blade
- Mixing attachment for salsa or creams.
- Egg Separator.
- Strong mandolin lid with safety holder.
- Three suction cups to keep the handlheld food processor in place.
- Dishwater safe.
- Be careful with not overfilling to avoid malfunction or break.
#6. Kuhn Rikon Swiss Pull Chop
As we advance in this list of the top #10 Manual food processors, it’s impossible to leave behind the Rikon Swiss Pull Chop. Even though we wouldn’t say it’s the best food processor, it definitely represents one of the best cost/value options. With separated blades that turn individually, you can chop, mince or puree according to your needs. All you have to do is pull the cord lid a few times and get the size you want: coarse, medium, thin. Though its capacity is not too much, the separated blades system allows it to work really nice when filled until the line, so even if you have to repeat the procedure for making a great ration, your salsa, salad or puree will be done really fast.
Main features on the Kuhn Rikon Swiss Pull Chop:
- Cord lid that makes it easier to chop: 5 pulls for coarse pieces, 10 for medium and 15 for thin pieces.
- The lid and pull system must be washed by hand, the rest is dishwasher safe.
- The separated blades come with a blade protector for major safety.
- Non-slip base for a better stability.
#5. Ultra Chef Express Food Chopper
Entering the top #5 positions we have the Ultra Chef Express, which is great as it’s a complete food station with 7 tools for doing almost anything in the kitchen from chopping, slicing, julienne, shred and even juice with food safety holder that guarantees to cut even the smallest pieces without a problem. It counts with a tri-blade system that works together to offer excellent results on making salads, salsa or any plate you want. Its capacity is the largest on the market for handheld food processors and thanks to the large cord lid that resists hard pulls, you can chop all the ingredients at a time and make a really big portion.
Main features of this handheld food processor are:
- 7 in 1 tools: whip, shred, julienne, slice, chop, egg separator and juicer.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Samurai tri-blade system made out of surgical stainless steel.
- Anti-skid base.
- Handle and pouring spout for avoiding a mess.
- Oversized and resistant crank allows you to pull harder and faster for a quick work.
- Biggest capacity on the market: 5 cups.
- Manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty.
- Made out of BPA free food safe plastic.
#4. ZYLISS Easy Pull Food Chopper
The perfect combination of compact and powerful puts the ZYLISS Easy Pull Food Chopper in the fourth position. As it is too small to be on the top #3 it is perfect for really small kitchens or RV as it not only is small but also the lid can be folded to occupy even less space. The system, nevertheless, is really strong as it works with two separate blades that spin in opposite directions and even include booster arms on top and on the bottom to avoid pieces from sticking (this is ideal as it is small and can suffer from overfilling). The retractable lid works by pulling with an impressive strength that cuts, chops, purees and blends in a matter of seconds by only pulling a few times (even less pulls than with #6 manual food processor).
Main characteristics of this handheld food processor are:
- Strong pulling system: 5 pulls for chunks, 8 pulls for puree and 12 for a great cream or smoothie, the power is really amazing.
- All parts are dishwasher safe except for the lid that mustn’t be submerged.
- Retractable lid for easy storage.
- 2 individual spinning blades with arms for avoiding malfunction or stuck.
- 25 ounces capacity.
- 5 years warranty by Zyliss.
#3. Ninja Express Chop Food Chopper
Reaching the top #3 this small chopper is actually too strong for being called a chopper; in a matter of seconds, it can puree almost anything even nuts creating a soft and mushy texture. The system is also quite revolutionary as it’s not exactly a manual food processor; it works with a little but potent 200 watts power pod in the lid, and a one-touch pulse action that activates the mechanism. Its main advantage without a doubt is the quickness of its system that makes it ideal for desserts dressing or salsa making. By being too small, it really won’t work for making a salad with all ingredients at once.
Main features of the Ninja food processor are:
- Incredibly powerful motor for puree or cream in seconds.
- Ergonomic design and size for easy handle and storage.
- All parts are dishwasher safe except for the lid where the motor is.
- Capacity: 16 ounces.
- Ninja blades technology assures an even result.
- All parts are BPA free food safe plastic
- The only real inconvenience is that the base is lifted a few inches from the base so it receives all the power stress, be careful not to break.
#2. Chef n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper
Coming back to manual food processors, the Veggichop is our #2 thanks to its incredible three separated blades system that cut really fast and can make salads, guacamole and all kinds of salsa really quick. The disadvantage on this system is that it won’t chop small veggies as garlic unless you put a lot on it (you can freeze the rest for later) on the other hand, if you want to make a salad, it’s recommended to not overfill the processor. Another great quality is their lock-in lid which assures the lid won’t come out while the blades are spinning. For activating the system, all you have to do is pulling the cord which gets to 7-10 inches (pulling further enhances the chopping job), but not further than that as the cord could be damaged.
Main features on this handle held food processor are:
- It takes almost no strength to chop hard vegetables in a matter of minutes.
- All the parts are dishwasher safe.
- It’s strong enough to crush ice.
- Capacity: 3 cups.
- It’s an excellent handheld food processor alternative to Cuisinart food processor (electrical).
- It has one boosting arm on the bottom for avoiding food sticking.
#1. Crank chop
So we finally hit the top #1 best manual food processor and it’s, of course, the All-in-one Crank chop. This small and versatile mini food processor works so easily that it doesn’t need extra items to achieve any kind of chopping; from dices to puree and baby food, all you have to do is pull the cord as many times as you need for your desired texture. It’s not complicated, just the more you pull, the finest the chop will be. It’s potent tri-blade system simultaneously cuts for an even result. As it is very compact, sealed and easy to use, you can take it everywhere and make your salsa or salad as fresh as new.
The main features of the mini food processor are:
- An easy-to-use cord that will only cut according to your pulls for a better control.
- Lock-in lid that allows you to use the processor in the position most suits you without any leaking.
- Really compact, can’t be taken anywhere without the risk of breaking parts.
- Dishwasher safe except for the lid.
- Capacity: 2 cups.
- Tri-blade system with a protective device.
- Excellent alternative for electrical Cuisinart mini food processor.
If you aim is to chop small food then you need to get one of these great manual food processors. Offering value for your money, you can never go wrong with any of them. Having used majority of these processors, I’d recommend them to you without thinking twice.
You may also like