Best Ducted Whole House Dehumidifier
There is nothing as goods as using one of the best ducted whole house dehumidifier to ensure your living home is in perfect condition.
A dehumidifier is a device that reduces and maintains the moisture or humidity level in the air. The need for a dehumidifier may for health or comfort reasons. It can also be for the elimination of foul smell or the prevention of the growth of mildew. To quickly understand why a dehumidifier is essential, you need to understand certain things explained below.
When the air’s moisture or water content is above the normal level, it distorts the environment’s balance. These distortions lead to the following scenarios:
- The air becomes heavy, making breathing difficult. This is one of the reasons why a high humidity environment is not suitable for people with asthma.
- Increase in the number of insects that can cause allergic reactions. For example, humidity increases the number of dust mites, an organism with the natural ability to trigger allergic reactions.
- It increases mold and mildew growth and supports insect growth.
A simple solution to all these problems is a dehumidifier because it can balance the humidity level.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a ducted whole house dehumidifier
Knowing that you need a dehumidifier is not enough. You also need to be able to make the right choice when purchasing one. This review will help you make a shortlist with the dehumidifiers that we will list or look out for. Below are the important factors to consider.
Mode of Operation
When choosing the whole-house, you need to know whether it is a ducted or a standalone dehumidifier. Ducted whole-house dehumidifiers are usually connected to the HVAC system. They remove moisture from the air and circulate dry air back into the room through the duct. The implication of this is that they will consume less power.
Conversely, a standalone dehumidifier is made of a circulating fan to carry out the dehumidification process directly in the atmosphere. However, they tend to consume more power. In the actual sense of it, choosing one of the two classes depends on whether you have a central air system or not.
Moisture Extraction and Coverage Capacity
Dehumidifiers with a high extraction rate and coverage capacity can dehumidify the air in a short time. You also need to know that a large house’s size requires a dehumidifier with an extremely high extraction rate and coverage capacity. The downside of this is that most dehumidifiers that cover these features are very costly.
If you’re considering getting a whole house dehumidifier, you need to give high consideration to the drainage system. This is because due to the coverage of a whole house dehumidifier, it is expected that a lot of water will be drained daily. So, having a continuous drainage system is important.
When purchasing a whole-house dehumidifier, you should take a keen interest in those little features that make the operation easier. These features include auto restart, shut off, defrost mode, humidistat, etc.
This is another important factor you need to consider. This is because you won’t want to purchase a dehumidifier that’ll hinder your sleep at home or disturb you at work. Though many manufacturers always claim their product work quietly, it is better to confirm this by checking Amazon reviews or asking those you know purchased.
Now that you know factors to look out for when purchasing a dehumidifier, the next thing is to look out for a handful of a different dehumidifiers to make your choice from. This piece will help you cover that by introducing the ten best ducted whole-house dehumidifiers.
The products covered in this review of the best ducted whole house dehumidifier are not listed in any particular order. They are chosen from different brands based on customer interaction and experience. Without much ado, let’s get right into it.
10 Best Ducted Whole House Humidifiers To Use
1. Dri-Eaz Revolution LGR Dehumidifier
This is one of the top product for whole house dehumidification. It has a high value attached to it due to its high moisture extraction capacity.
It can remove a large amount of moisture at a rate of 17 gallons per day. Because of its extraction rate, it can cover up to 7,000 sq. ft. area. The body of this product is made of steel, and its coils are corrosion-resistant. This means that it is durable and tends to have a longer lifespan because its coil is designed to resist air or water damage.
Some qualities, such as its portability and size uniqueness, also make it easier to install. It also lacks water trays. Therefore, occasional cleaning is eradicated. All that is required of you is an annual replacement of canisters.
- Ease of installation.
- High moisture extraction capacity.
- Presence of corrosion-resistant coil and steel body
- It has an automatic humidistat
- Its wide coverage of about 7,000 sqft.
- It has a low cost of maintenance.
- It has an airflow capacity of 121 to 180 cubic feet per minute
- It’s very expensive.
2. AlorAir LGR Dehumidifier With Built-in Pump (Longest life time)
This product is a good option to consider for the dehumidification of the whole house having moderate size.
This product also extracts moisture at a high level. It’s able to remove 180 pints of moisture in 24 hours. At this extraction rate, it can cover up to 2,300 square feet area effectively. This is enough for homes of moderate sizes.
This dehumidifier has a rare feature that is not common in other types of dehumidifier. It is designed with and alloy tube evaporator. This helps to extend the lifespan of its coil and also maintains the heat transfer ability of the coil.
It is a built-in pump with 20 feet distance. This means you can position this pump anywhere you want. Because regardless of its location it allows for easy drainage over any direction.
- Ease of installation,
- It has a high moisture extraction capacity
- This device has an auto defrosting feature.
- It has a coverage of about 2,300 sq. ft.
- Has a low cost of maintenance.
- It has a built-in pump.
- The unit has longer lifespan.
- It is suitable for dehumidification in homes and crawl spaces
- It is less efficient in terms of energy consumption.
- This device has an heavy weight.
- It gives high level of noise.
3. Ivation 4,500 Sq Ft Dehumidifier (Best budget dehumidifier)
This is a low-budget whole-house dehumidifier that still serves the basic function of dehumidifying tour house.
This dehumidifier has a built-in humidity sensor. This enables it to display the current humidity level and allows you to set your desired humidity level. After which this dehumidifier works automatically to maintain that level.
It has the capacity of extracting 50 to 70-pint moisture per day. At this rate, the dehumidifier can cover area of about 4,500 sqft. This dehumidifier has a feature of auto restart which enables it to restart with previous settings in case power outage. It is also design with canisters which makes it easy to move it to any area.
- It is easy to install
- This unit has feature of auto restart and auto shut off
- It is easy to operate
- Has a light weight
- automatic humidistat, which works based on the moisture level of the room,
- Its wide coverage of about 4,500 sq. ft.
- Low cost of maintenance.
- It gives high level of noise.
- Its durability is more of a gamble since there are numerous complaints of how it only works for about 2 to 3 years. This life span makes this dehumidifier an expensive dehumidifier to purchase.
4. Amazon Basics Dehumidifier For 4,000 Square Feet
This dehumidifier has a coverage capacity that’s enough for most houses. It has an extraction rate of 50 pints per day and can cover up to 4000 sq. ft. area. This unit is energy-star certified, which means it’s energy-efficient. It includes the auto-restart feature to restart with the previous settings in the situation of a power outage
Other features such as auto-defrost function, overflow protection also help to improve its lifespan.
- It is energy efficient.
- This device has a high moisture extraction rate and coverage capacity.
- It is easy to clean.
- Easy to maintain.
- It includes an auto dehumidification feature.
- It is heavy.
- It has questionable durability and effectiveness.
5. TaoTronics Dehumidifier with Pump 50 Pint for 4500 Sq. Ft
This is also one of the dehumidifiers with an average extraction rate and coverage capacity. It comes with a built-in humidity and temperature sensor to maintain the humidity level between the normal range of 45 to 55%. However, it depends on the environmental conditions. It has a moisture extraction rate of 50 pints per day and can cover up to 4500 sq. ft.
- It is energy efficient.
- The unit has an auto dehumidification feature.
- It is easy to use.
- It produces a high level of noise.
6. TOSOT 70-Pint Dehumidifier With Pump
This product shares important features with other products. It is a good option if you want a dehumidifier of moderate size. It has its coils made of corrosion-resistant material. Therefore, it can survive harsh environmental conditions. It also has an averagely high moisture extraction rate of about 70 pints per 24 hours. With this extraction rate, it can cover 4500 sq. ft.
It has a built-in pump which allows for continuous drainage in any direction up to 15 feet. However, just like every other appliance, cleaning of its body is essential. But the cost of cleaning and maintenance is low.
- Easy to install.
- It has a high moisture extraction capacity.
- The unit has a low cost of maintenance.
- It is suitable for dehumidification in moderate size homes and crawl spaces.
- Has a auto dehumidification feature.
- It is quiet.
- It has low extraction effectiveness for a whole-house of large size.
7. Keystone KSTAD70B Dehumidifier
This dehumidifier is included in this review because of its amazing features, such as its portability and coverage capacity. What makes it exceptional is its coverage capacity. It can cover up to 4500 sq. ft. and has an extraction rate of 70 pints per 24 hours. It also includes features of auto restart and auto shut off. During a power outage, the auto-restart features help save previous settings. The auto shut-off feature shuts the appliance when the full bucket indicator is activated.
- It has a high coverage capacity.
- The unit allows auto-restart and shut off.
- It has a humidistat.
- It has a lesser weight
- The unit is immobile.
- It has a small tank size.
8. Kesnos 4500 Sq. Ft
This humidifier is a good option if you’re looking for a dehumidifier that’ll match any modern house’s look. It has a powerful and extraction rate of 70 pints of moisture per 24 hours. This unit can cover up to 4,500 sq. ft. areas and adjust the humidity level from 30% to 85%. It has a sleek and elegant look that will fit perfectly into any modern home. The device is also designed with wheels and handles, which make it easier to move around. It does not give a loud sound, so you won’t be disturbed when sleeping at work or home.
- Has a high moisture extraction capacity.
- It has a coverage of about 4,500 sq. ft.
- The unit has wheels that promote movements.
- It has an automatic humidistat.
- Has a suitable for dehumidification in homes and crawl spaces.
- It is easy to maintain.
- It has questionable durability.
9. AlorAir Basement/Crawl Space Dehumidifiers 90 PPD (AHAM)
This is one of the top products from the AlorAir brand and is ideal for the basement, crawl space, or large rooms. This product is energy star certified, which means it effectively removes moisture at low energy consumption.
It has an extraction rate of 90 pints per 24 hours and can support coverage of 2,600 sq. ft. The coil is made of corrosion-resistant material, which helps elongate its lifespan. It also has a feature of automatic defrosting which also contributes to a longer lifespan of the dehumidifier.
- It has a longer lifespan.
- It has an automatic defrosting feature.
- It has a low coverage capacity.
10. HomeLabs 4,500 Sq. Ft
This unit was listed in the best ducted whole house dehumidifier because it has some distinguishing features. It has a sleek, clean look that will fit into any modern house. It has an extraction rate of 50 pints per day, covering an area that’s up to 4,500 sq. ft.
- It is easy to use and energy-efficient,
- Has a sleek design.
- The device has an auto dehumidification feature.
- It is very quiet.
- It is costly.
This review aims to serve as a guide for you when making your buying decision. It would be best to consider the size of your house, cost of purchase and maintenance, and space availability to house your preferred dehumidifier.